Instant Online Access to Hundreds of Technical Titles
Launched in September 2012—IEEE has partnered with the MIT Press to offer you online access to 900 eBooks via the IEEE Xplore digital library. The MIT Press eBooks Library – Computing & Engineering Collection brings high quality eBook content in fields, including computer science, artificial intelligence, information theory, computer programming, information technology, and electrical engineering, broadening the research available to your organisation via one platform.
The collection of titles includes practical handbooks, introductory and advanced texts, reference works and professional books, with an emphasis on leading areas of applied research, such as:
- Communication, networking and broadcasting
- Components, circuits, devices and systems
- Computing and processing
- Engineered materials, dielectrics and plasmas
- Engineering profession
- Fields, waves and electromagnetics
- Power, energy and industry applications
- Robotics and control systems
- Plus general topics for engineers
The MIT Press eBooks Library is available as an add-on to your existing IEEE Xplore subscription or as a stand-alone subscription.
Features and benefits
The MIT Press eBooks Library focuses on the content areas that lead today’s cutting-edge technologies and help set the standards for future advancements. Subscribers can stay up-to-date on a wide variety of technology areas and take advantage of these key benefits:
- Access to more than 900 titles, with approximately 40 new titles to be introduced each year
- More than 65% of titles in computing-related fields, such as computer science, artificial intelligence, information theory, and computer programming
- Choose from an annual subscription option or perpetual access option
- Approximately 15.100 individual chapters available in PDF
- Rigorous review process ensuring titles are relevant and high quality
- Cutting-edge titles focusing on scientific and technological innovations
- Numerous MIT Press eBook titles winning the American Publishers Award for Professional and Scholarly Excellence (PROSE)
- Advanced search capabilities by title, keyword, or subject to quickly find and download relevant chapters within books
About the MIT Press
The MIT Press is a leading university press affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, specialising in science and technology.
They are a leading publisher in diverse fields, such as architecture, social theory, economics, cognitive science, and computational science. As the major American university press for science and technology books, the MIT Press has a long-term commitment to the efficient and creative use of new technologies.
Winners of the American Publishers Award for Professional and Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) include:
Engineering Systems: Meeting Human Needs in a Complex Technological World
Press-On: Principles of Interaction Programming
How to subscribe
The MIT Press eBooks Library – Computing & Engineering Collection is available as an add-on to your existing subscription or as a stand-alone subscription via IEEE Xplore. Choose the subscription option that best meets your needs:
Annual Subscription Option
The annual subscription option provides you with leased access to all current year MIT Press eBook Library titles plus leased access to the complete backlist totalling more than 900 titles.
Purchase Option with Perpetual Access
The purchase option provides you with perpetual access to all current year MIT Press eBook Library titles plus the complete backlist totalling more than 900 titles.You will also have the option to expand your collection by purchasing new front-list titles each year.
MARC records for the MIT Press eBooks Library will be provided.
OPAC lists (persistent links) for the MIT Press eBook titles are available via IEEE Xplore and can be downloaded into Excel. HTML versions of the OPAC lists are also available.
Click here to access the OPAC lists and select ‘MITP’ from the title display option.
- MIT Press eBooks Library Information Sheet
- 2013 MIT Press ebooks Frontlist titles
- 2014 MIT Press ebooks Frontlist titles
- 2015 MIT Press ebooks Frontlist titles
- 2016 MIT Press ebooks Frontlist titles
- 2017 MIT Press eBooks Frontlist titles
- 2017 Fall MIT Press ebooks Frontlist titles
- 2018 MIT Press eBooks Library – Spring Frontlist Titles
- 2019 MIT Press eBooks Library Spring Frontlist Titles
- 2020 MIT Press eBooks Library Spring Frontlist Titles
- 2020 MIT Press eBooks Library – Fall Frontlist Titles
- 2021 MIT Press eBooks Library – Fall Frontlist Titles
- 2022 MIT Press eBooks Library Tentative Frontlist