IEEE English for Technical Professionals is a 18-hour online learning program designed to provide a working knowledge of English techniques and vocabulary that are essential for working in today’s more and more technical workplace. Designed to help learners master essential English skills, this program is ideal for both working professionals, as well as students that are preparing to enter the this field.
Who can benefit from the program?
IEEE English for Technical Professionals is ideal for users who:
● Currently work in technical areas or will be in the future
● Are students preparing for more technical studies in preparation for a career in this field
● Would like to augment their technical communication skills
● Would like to enhance their basic English grammar skills
● Have an interest in technical subjects and the English language
Features and Benefits
● 18 hours of online instruction offer learning modules that focus on four core skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing.
● Recurring characters bring the lessons to life as they interact with each other and the learner through animated business scenarios in order to explore various English language concepts in a technical work environment.
● Assessments are placed periodically throughout the lessons to check that learners have understood the content and quizzes are given at the end of each lesson
● Earn CEUs and PDHs (if the course has been taken via the IEEE Learning Network), as well as a Certificate of Completion (available on both the IEEE Learning Network and IEEE Xplore), upon successful completion of each course, as well as at the end of the full program.